I welcome readers who could be of help to give some contribution as well! :) Thanks!
BIG Pix
Let's start with a big picture of vietnam. I din choose a simpler map coz some relevant places are ommited from those. Click on the image & I know you cant see the word. It's meant to give you a feel of the locations of places. From top left to right red circle it is Sapa Area and Mt Phanxipan, Hanoi, Halong Bay near the coast.
Then in the central area, the northern (upper) one is Hue city, where the tombs of the past emperors. the southern (lower) one is Nha Trang, a favourite sea sports location in the country, where my suggested wind surfing is held.
At the southern most (lowest) part of the map, the top 2 circles are Ho Chi Minh City & Mui Ne, Mui Ne having a nice sun dune site according to Jie yang. The lower circle is the rough area of where the famous Cu Cui tunnel(Vietnam War) is, where I can't pinpoint. At some parts of the tunnel, we have to get on all fours. Hardcore adventure indeed.
For the original very big & clear map, see:
http://www.asianatravelmate.com/images/maps/vietnam-map.jpg

Journeys!
To give a sense of the scale of the map, according to Jie Yang, from the top left circle (Sapa) to the circle to its right (Hanoi), it takes about 7hrs on a damn slow train which probably go forward 1 step, go stun 2 steps. hahaha ...
More accurately, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh(left circle of the 2nd lowest row), along the seaside, it takes somewhat a day, like 20+ hours with stopovers.
http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=21601
On train, it's slower according to Jie Yang, but cheaper, and is the usual way of travelling by the locals. On plane it's just 2 hours. hahaha ...
So other than these long journeys, usually from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh, it takes like 2 to few hours of bus to respective nearby attractions. But self-explorations I'm not sure liao ... haha ...
Ok I think it may be much clearer if Jie Yang could brief you guys verbally & discuss his experience as there were really many places he went, along the 20 hour bus journey. And he could show you guys the hard copy brochures, guidebook, price list, timetable etc that he collected. I should be quite free to meet this week from Tue - Thur in the evenings if you guys want. :) cya!
No comments:
Post a Comment